The Sell Feed API lets sellers upload and download feed files and reports, and create schedules. Both upload and download feed files are processed asynchronously by eBay. The status of all upload and download tasks are tracked with a unique 'task ID'. Each report can be customized with date ranges and other filter criteria.
This API contains the following resources:
- order_task - Create an order download task with filter criteria related to order and retrieve the status and details of a specific order task or a group of order tasks.
- inventory_task - Create an inventory upload or download task with filter criteria related to inventory, and retrieve the status and details of a specific inventory task or a group of inventory tasks.
- schedule - Create a schedule for the feed API resources. A schedule generates reports periodically for a specified feedType. Schedules are based off templates that define the parameters used such as feed type.
- task - Create an upload or download task without filter criteria and retrieve the status and details of a specific task or a group of tasks. Whether it is a download or upload task depends on the feed_type specified.
- customer_service_metric_task - Create a customer service metrics download task with filter criteria. This task can also retrieve the status and details of a specific customer service metrics task or group of tasks.
Business use cases
The Sell Feed API supports the following use cases. See the LMS Feed API Guide for additional information.
Download an Order Report
By using the order_task methods, you can generate an Order Report that shows detailed information on all unacknowledged orders. For details, see Overview of order report flow.
Acknowledge fulfilled orders with an Order Ack upload file
You can acknowledge orders you have received and are processing or fulfilling by uploading an order acknowledgment file. After this file has been processed, only the unacknowledged orders will be returned in the next order report. For details, see Submitting an order acknowledgment file.
Download an Active Inventory Report
Through the inventory_task methods, you can create an Active Inventory Report that shows price and quantity information for all active listings. For details, see Overview of active inventory report flow.
Download Customer Service Metrics reports
Through the customer_service_metric_task methods, you can create a report download task and retrieve a list of transactions that affect performance for given evaluation type, service metric type. Other filters can also be specified. You can search the returned list of transactions by applying a data range filter for the request creation date. For details, see Customer Service Metrics Report.
Through the schedule methods, you can create a schedule, which is a subscription to a specified schedule template. A schedule returns a report for the feed_type specified by the template. When creating the schedule, specify the template with the feed type and any other parameters needed for your schedule. You can also specify a preferred trigger hour, day of the week, or day of the month. For details, see Creating Schedules.
Requirements and restrictions
The following are the requirements and restrictions for the Sell Feed API.
The number of days that files are retained (and available) depends on the feed type. See the following table for specifics.
LMS feedType *
Retention (availability in days)
Task response **
All other LMS feedTypes
Note: For task requests and responses:
The following table lists the Sell Feed API scopes and use cases they support.
|Active Inventory Report
|LMS Order Ack and Order Report
|For future use
|For future use
|Customer Service Metrics Report